30th May 2016
A common issue that the homeowners and commercial building owners of today face is lack of sufficient space. The first thing they are looking for in a blueprint of a structure is economical use of the space. If classified, the most underestimated areas of a construction in terms of space are the kitchen and the bathroom. People want to invest minimum space in these areas. We felt the need of some alternatives to let the property owners make the best use of the available area. So here, we are going to discuss some smart space saving hacks for homes and commercial buildings.
- Pile it up – Wall cabinets are generally classified into two categories which are floor standing and wall mounting. Both of them may be placed at the same location by stacking the wall mounted cabinet on the floor standing unit.
- Wrap it around – The modern sink designs are quite sleek and sophisticated with just about no space for placing soap, hand wash or a toothbrush holder. In that case, the space beneath the sink may be utilized. You can get a customized vanity unit designed according to the area available to organize all your bathroom essentials.
- Use the walls – If there is a very less floor area available, the wall space can always be utilized. Hang your towel basket on the wall or go for a wall mounted cupboard. In fact, you may also utilize the area above your toilet unit.
- Use the stud area – There is a lot of unutilized area between the wall studs of a structure. You can make the best use of this area by installing a built-in wall cabinet into your bathroom wall. Though, you have to take care of the humidity as the moisture content may be higher here.
- Shelves – These are the most friendly storage spaces as there are absolutely no rules on constructing a shelf. You may go for any length, width, height, shape, material or number while designing and installing a shelf. Even the area above the door can be utilized by mounting a unique self!
In a nutshell, the different options available for bathroom essentials, storage are namely wall cabinets, vanity units, floor standing cupboards, stud area and shelves. So you just don’t have to worry about less space available with you; just go for the best alternative.
For exploring custom-made wall cabinets, vanity units and shelving options, visit www.olympicbathrooms.co.uk today!